Mammography is a high-resolution X-Ray imaging of the breasts. It is a common imaging procedure for breast cancer screening program. Screening is for people without symptoms in order to detect diseases or identify high-risk individuals.
The examination time takes 15 - 20 minutes, depending on body region.
During examination, the breasts will be compressed between a plastic paddle and an X-Ray film holder (the Patient may feel discomfort due to compression). X-Ray images of the patient’s breast from different angles will be taken. The images will then be interpreted by our radiologist.
Preparations for Examination
- Please make an appointment. Please bring the latest relevant old films and reports (e.g. X-rays, MRI, CT Scans, etc.) at the time of examination for comparison.
- Please notify our staff if you are pregnant or suspected that you are pregnant when you make an appointment.
- Please do not apply any deodorant, lotion or powder before the examination.
- Please take off all accessories including earrings, watches and necklaces before the examination.
- To minimise the discomfort of during examination, the examination should be done after menstruation.
- Patients (over 34 years of age) need to consult the radiologict before taking the examination.
- Patients after breast augmentation surgery or with an implant should inform our staff when making an appointment.
*The price listed are for reference only. Prices are subject to change without prior notice.